Here are some resources about the COVID-19, including some in Spanish, but the most important updates and local services will be found on the San Mateo County’s website www.smcgov.org or by calling 2-1-1 for the multilingual telephone line for non-medical questions and referrals.
Health and Safety Resources:
- San Mateo County COVID-19 website with information in English, Spanish, Chinese and other languages: https://www.smchealth.org/
- Center for Disease Control’s Spanish language FAQ page with links to more information: https://www.cdc.gov/
- People can dial 2-1-1 to call the multilingual line the County of San Mateo has for non-medical questions and referrals.
- Coronavirus testing program for San Mateo County residents who do not have health insurance: http://bit.ly/SMateoTesting.
- Como protegerse contra el COVID-19 en Español: https://www.cdc.gov/
- How to protect yourself against COVID-19 in English: https://www.cdc.gov/
Fair Oaks Community Center: The Fair Oaks Community Center is providing food pantry services, diapers for parents with children, a rental assistance program, and other essential services. Please do not go to their offices as those are closed with the workers working inside, instead call them with your needs and they will direct you on how to pick up anything you need from them. Their telephone number is: (650) 780-7500 Their address is: 2600 Middlefield Road, Redwood City, CA 94063
Great Plates: The Great Plates Delivered program was conceived at the state level, anticipates partial reimbursement from federal sources, and is first in the nation to create a vital solution that connects residents-in-need with struggling restaurants and local food providers. Eligible residents include those who are COVID-19 positive or have been exposed to COVID-19, and individuals with an underlying condition. In addition, they must live alone or with one other eligible adult, may not currently be receiving assistance from other state or federal nutrition assistance programs, and earn less than 600% of the federal poverty limit. Great Plates Delivered SMC is open for enrollment now. Residents are encouraged to call (800) 675-8437, and speak to multi-lingual county staff to apply for meal delivery services.
Legal and Financial Aid for Immigrants:
Favor de compartir esta información con todo indocumentado que viva en North Fair Oaks/Redwood City, o dentro del Condado de San Mateo.
The Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County provides counseling and legal services related to housing, evictions and immigration issues on their bilingual website.
La organizacion Legal Aid of San Mateo County ofrece ayuda legal o consejos relacionados con su vivienda, el pago de su renta o desalojo, visiten esta página que tiene recursos en varios idiomas. La ayuda legal es completamente profesional y gratuita. Visite su página en: